How to pick your perfect Quince or Sweet 16 dress!
Congratulations you’re officially planning your Quince or Sweet 16! It’s such an exciting and also slightly overwhelming time. For most girls the first thing that comes to mind is...the dress. What kind of dress will you want, what color will you want, what length will you want, do you want sleeves, do you want to wear a tiara or what kind of design, etc. There are so many questions that go into buying a Quinceañera or Sweet 16 dress, but no need to worry with these few tips you will be able to start finding your dress with a little bit less stress.
- Go on Pinterest and Instagram! There are tons of pages that are dedicated to Quinceañera and Sweet 16 dresses. You don’t have to find your exact dress but you can definitely find a type of dress you want. Be sure to look at different colors, sleeve styles, different types of gowns basically anything and everything related to your gown! This way when you go to the dress shop you will have a few images and ideas to tell the dress stylist what your taste and style is.
- Go with enough time! Meaning don’t go two months before your party, go at least six months to a year out before your party just incase your dress needs tailoring that way there will be no stress or doubts if your dress will be finished in time.
- Determine a budget. Be sure you talk with your parents or whoever is helping you purchase your dress, discuss the price range they are comfortable with.
- Before you go to the boutique you wish to buy your Quince or sweet 16 dress from, be sure to know the type of dresses the shop has and also the price range of the shop so you are not completely blindsided and so you don’t fall in love with a dress that’s not in your budget.
- When you finally do get to the boutique and you’re shopping for your Quince or Sweet 16 dress, remember something that is also very important is if you’re comfortable in the dress. Be sure you will be able to move and dance in your dress!
- Only invite people to go dress shopping with you who will actually be helpful and give you good advice about what they believe would suit you best.
- Have fun!!!