Stranger Danger Is Still Relevant
As parents we have to reiterate the importance of safety to our kids- especially in light of so many uncertain and scary events involving strangers approaching children. We have heard the popular coined phrase “stranger danger”, but have we taught our kids that those principles that could keep them safe.
Remind them to always be alert and aware of their surroundings. Let’s tell our kids that it is still vital to stay away from people they don’t know.
These DO’s and DON’Ts could save your little ones from danger:
- Do NOT talk to strangers.
- Do NOT go with anybody that is not familiar.
- Do NOT take gifts or food from strangers.
- Do NOT give out personal information.
- Do NOT take a phone call from a stranger (even if they say it is your Mom or Dad)
- DO cry out for help if you feel unsafe.
- DO stay close to your parents at all times when in public.
- DO memorize your parent’s phone number.
Let’s help the phrase ‘Stranger Danger’ still be a relevant one and help keep our children safe!